So, now that both Globe and Smart have announced the availability of LTE on their iPhone 5 units the next question in the minds of those who are using iPhone 5 units is how to enable LTE on their devices. So, here’s how to enable LTE on your iPhone 5 if you’re using Globe units.
- Update to iOS 6.1 (Settings -> About -> Software Update)
- Go to Settings -> General -> Cellular -> Toggle On Enable LTE
- If you’re located on an area where there’s LTE, check the network beside carrier name at the top portion of your iPhone 5 screen. It should be “Globe LTE”
- If it’s still showing “Globe 3G” or “Globe E,” chances are you’re using a non 4G LTE nanosim.
- Visit a Globe Business Center and have you’re SIM replaced with a 4G LTE NanoSIM
- If you’re in an LTE area and you have inserted the new nanoSIM to your iPhone 5, you should have LTE enabled now on your handset.
Globe LTE are concentrated on the following areas -> Manila, Pasig City, Quezon City, Taguig City, Muntinlupa, Mandaluyong, Cebu City, and Boracay.
Globe LTE service is free until further notice. So better enable it now on your iPhone 5 and enjoy up to 42mbps surfing speed.