Finally, the most sought after applications by the growing number of BlackBerry users in the Philippines is now available. The BlackBerry App World is now available for Philippine BlackBerry users with BlackBerry units that have a trackball, trackpad or touchscreen and running BlackBerry OS 4.2 or higher.
I just downloaded the BlackBerry App World on my BlackBerry Bold 9700 and I would have to say that the app is pretty impressive. It loads fast and got some cool navigation features to help you choose and download featured apps, apps by categories or search for apps randomly. If you find an interesting app, you can click on it and the download page will be displayed giving you some links to review, recommend or view screenshots of the app. With the BlackBerry App World app on your BlackBerry phone, you don’t have scour the Internet to get the download links of apps that you want to install. Awesome!
BlackBerry App World Launches in the Philippines
Discover, download and enjoy a broad mix of free mobile applications
Manila, The Philippines – 24 March 2010 – Research In Motion (RIM) (NASDAQ: RIMM; TSX: RIM) today announced that BlackBerry App World™ is now available to BlackBerry® smartphone* customers in the Philippines, bringing together a broad mix of free mobile applications.
Customers can now download BlackBerry App World directly to their smartphone by visiting www.blackberry.com/appworld or mobile.blackberry.com. BlackBerry App World can be conveniently accessed over both Wi-Fi® and mobile phone networks in the Philippines and it automatically presents customers with the relevant catalog of applications available for their specific BlackBerry smartphone model.
“BlackBerry App World makes it very easy for customers to discover and download applications for their BlackBerry smartphone. We are very pleased to offer this enhanced experience to our customers in the Philippines ,” said Gregory Wade , Managing Director, Southeast Asia , Research In Motion. “ Customers can also access BlackBerry App World to download updates of apps such as the popular BlackBerry Messenger or Facebook apps as they become available.”
Key Current Features:
· Front Page Carousel – BlackBerry App World showcases several applications on its front page carousel, making it easy for users to browse through a select number of featured applications. Featured applications vary from time to time, helping users discover new applications.
· Top Downloads – The “Top Downloads” area on BlackBerry App World lists applications that are the most downloaded.
· Categories – BlackBerry App World features a variety of application categories, including entertainment, IM and social networking, news, weather, productivity and more.
· Search/Filter – BlackBerry App World includes a keyword search with filtering capabilities.
· Reviews – Applications on BlackBerry App World can be reviewed by users and those reviews are reflected in star ratings. Users can easily access and read reviews, see screenshots and read a description of each application before they download it.
· Recommend – BlackBerry App World users can recommend applications to other people through email, PIN, SMS message or BlackBerry® Messenger.
· Application Storage – BlackBerry App World includes a folder called My World, which keeps track of applications the user has downloaded. It is a personal storage space that allows users to uninstall and re-install applications.
· Application Archiving: users can archive applications to a microSD card or built-in storage memory on their BlackBerry smartphone.
· Update Notifications: Users are notified of updates to applications they’ve downloaded on BlackBerry App World.
· BlackBerry App World is also accessible from a user’s desktop computer at www.blackberry.com/appworld.
Popular BlackBerry App World applications available in the Philippines include:
BlackBerry® Messenger; Facebook® for BlackBerry Smartphones; Flickr® for BlackBerry Smartphones; Bloomberg Mobile; Flixster; Chum Radio; Kaglom; Three Squared Demo; WorldMate Live: Travel Like a Pro; and Goal.com.
*BlackBerry App World is available for BlackBerry smartphones that include a trackball, trackpad or touch-screen running BlackBerry OS 4.2 or higher. Users require an active BlackBerry data service plan to access BlackBerry App World. Data charges may apply for customers that have limited data plans.