Canon is finally putting a rest into its most popular entry-level digital SLR camera, the Rebel XTi (aka Canon 400D). The Rebel XTi has been a great Canon unit, a favorite among Filipino bloggers, or probably even bloggers worldwide. It’s sleek, handy and most importantly affordable. But all good things has to be replaced, and Canon is replacing the Rebel XTi with another series of affordable DSLR – the Canon XSi. What to expect from the new DSLR?
- 12.2 megapixel APS-C size Canon CMOS sensor
- improved auto-focus sensor
- enhanced 14-bit A/D conversion
- an advanced Live View function
- DIGIC III image processor.
- 3-inch LCD monitor
The Canon XSi will be available sometime in April with a projected SRP of $799.99. You’ve got 3 months to enjoy your old and trusty Canon Rebel XTi folks!