I know this topic has already been covered before by other full time probloggers, but these five essential blogger’s gadgets are what I’ve always wanted to have since I started blogging a couple of years ago.
These blogger’s gadgets have been a part of my gadget wish list in 2007, and I’m proud to say that I was able to get four of them through my “side-blogging” gigs. I wanted these gadgets before not just to use for my blogging activities but for other reasons. But then, I realized that all of them are essential to my blogging activities after all.
So here goes my 5 essential gadgets that neophyte bloggers must strive to acquire:
- Laptop – Of course, how can you blog without a laptop. You may also opt for a desktop unit, but I recommend spending a few bucks more to get a laptop instead. You can always bring your laptop anywhere you go. What for? Who knows when a great blog subject might come into your mind, and with laptop in tow, you can immediately compose these thoughts and if you are lucky enough to be in a place where a wi-fi hotspot is present, then you can immediately post your article into your blog.
- Mobile Phone – And I mean not just your ordinary mobile phone that sells for around P1,500 pesos at the cheapest. But as much as possible get a mobile phone which is 3G enabled. You can use the 3G function to connect to the internet if a wi-fi hotspot in not available. Or you can mobile blog an article which you composed using the notes function of your mobile phone. If money is not a problem, get those mobile phones that belongs to the smart phone category- meaning a unit which doubles up as a phone and a personal digital assistant.
- Digital Camera – Point and Shoot digital cameras are cheap, you can buy the lesser known brands if budget will not let you buy the more expensive well known brands. Images taken using a digital camera forms a good part of any blog.If you can afford it, buy a digital SLR camera. The Nikon d40 DSLR camera is sold at a cheap price of P20,000 (around $400). It takes decent photos which you can use in your blog posts.
- Digital Media Storage – Here in the Philippines USB memoray devices comes in cheap. You can have a decent 1Gb memory storage device for P500 ($15). A USB memory storage device would come in handy if you want to save some important files or articles that you have written down.
- Credit card – If you don’t have the cash to buy the above four blogger’s gadgets, you can always opt to use these plastics to buy those gadgets.
How about you? What gadgets do you think every blogger (pro, part, side or what-have-yous) should have?