The next time you open your gmail account, you’d notice that link on the right hand corner of the screen that says ” Five New Features“. Yup, Gmail just keeps on getting better and better with new features to make your emailing functions such a breeze.These five new features are:
- Reply on top – Finally, you don’t have to scroll down the bottom of a long email just to reply. The reply button now sits on the right hand top corner besides a pull down icon which brings out other email functionalities such as print, forward, add to contact, etc.,
- Update conversation – When replying to an email which is a part of a discussion, a notification will appear whenever someone sends another email. You can then check the new message and go back to the email that you are composing after,
- Forward all – Now, you can forward all the emails that belong to a conversation, not just one message. Useful when forwarding the emails to a contact which has not participated on the discussion yet,
- Chat offline – Similar to the offline messages in YM. Read the last item that your friend typed the next time you go online
- And of course, the last feature which I’ve been trying to use for several days now and was able to use after tinkering with some settings on my phone–Gmail Mobile.
This new Java-based mobile application will bring a Real Gmail mobile experience.
The application has almost all the functionalities of a web-based Gmail. You can even view attachment files such as pdf and photos. Very useful if you are always on the go and would like to check your gmail from time to time. No need for those expensive PDAs and other handheld devices. Just your ordinary Java-enabled mobile phones.
To use Gmail on your Java-enabled mobile phones, download the apps using your mobile phones at – gmail.com/app